We believe that integrating safety and health into every operation at JCC is of the utmost importance. The health and safety of our employees continues to be our first consideration in our operations, and is not superseded by any business or profitability objective.
In addition to complying with all applicable laws and regulations that govern our operations, JCC provides thorough health, safety and environmental (HSE) training to all its employees, and strives for continuous improvement with regard to safety and awareness in the workplace. Here are additional measures that we have in place to reach our company goal of zero occupational injuries and illness:
- JCC employees receive HSE training as part of our orientation process and additional HSE training and recertification coursework is provided each year to employees.
- JCC’s active Safety Committee reviews key policies, develops recognition programs for outstanding safety performance, and investigates incidents or near misses.
- JCC holds membership and certification with several national third-party contractor safety qualification services such as Gatefeed, ISNetworld, PICS, and BROWZ, giving customers peace of mind that JCC can safely perform work at their locations by adhering to each of their unique sets of policies and procedures to keep us pre-qualified.
- Providing the necessary personal protective equipment and instruction for proper use and care.
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules; requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of continued employment.
- Investigating, promptly and thoroughly, any accident to determine the causes and take corrective action to prevent future occurrences.
We recognize that the responsibilities for safety and health are shared between employee and employer and are committed to continually training and maintaining a high level of safety within our organization. If you have further questions surrounding safety at JCC, please contact our Safety and Quality Assurance Manager, Debbie Heitman, by calling 309-755-0601.
Image source credit: Danger in the Workforce: Know the Risks. http://www.internetbillboards.net/2015/07/23/danger-in-the-workplace-know-the-risks/